MARKETING FOR TOMORROWS WORLD
Combining marketings fundamentals with the latest digital trends, the University of Glasgows online masters degree in marketing is designed for tomorrows world.
After grounding you in core marketing topics such as brand management, marketing management and marketing analytics & research, the programme offers optional courses in digital, retail, services and user experience (UX) marketing subjects crucial for success in todays digital, customer-centric environment.
Bringing you up to date with the latest developments in the field, the Masters of Science in Marketing online offers contemporary research-led content, input from industry experts, and case studies, featuring everything from start-ups to well-known brands. This is delivered by our international faculty at the Adam Smith Business School.
As well as being rated one of the top 100 business schools in Europe by the Financial Times in 2018, the School is accredited by AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS, making this online masters degree in marketing highly attractive to prospective employers. The University of Glasgow is also currently ranked 10th in the UK for International Strategic Marketing (Campus Masters).
To apply, previous marketing experience is not essential. What is more important is your ambition and a willingness to embrace new marketing ideas and challenges. With our support and your determination, you will develop the analytical and critical skills you need to make informed marketing decisions for your organisation. So, whatever sector or context youre working in, you will significantly enhance your value as an employee.
To help support your learning experience, the 100% online programme offers a mix of engaging learning styles such as video, discussion boards, interactive quizzes, recorded and live seminars, journals and ebooks. Its through interactive online study that youll be able to share ideas and create long-lasting networks with your fellow marketeers.
On successful completion of this programme, you will be able to:
- Apply relevant theories and methodologies from across the marketing discipline to support your decisions
- Identify international market opportunities, preparing you for a career in a range of enterprises
- Evaluate marketing against other management functions such as finance and HR
- Combine marketing expertise with other management functions both inside and outside of a business
- Undertake international marketing in a dynamic, networked, international and culturally diverse economy
- Recognise and explain current theory and methodology of marketing to drive marketing decisions in organisations
- Apply marketing theory and methodology in an international and domestic context
- Identify market opportunities and identify threats within a range of business contexts
- Construct advanced marketing research activity
- Apply analytical skills in marketing and other business environments
- Deliver oral and written communication and design and deliver pitches
Careers in this area are highly rewarding, both financially and creatively. In 2018, Glassdoors 25 Best Jobs in the UK list ranked marketing manager highest overall for job satisfaction, base salary and number of available roles.
Not only does an online masters degree in marketing unlock careers, like marketing management and brand development, it offers the flexibility to specialise in particular areas or transition into a related field.
By exploring marketing theory through real world application, our online masters degree in marketing will enhance your career opportunities across multiple sectors, in both traditional and digital contexts.
After exploring core subjects such as marketing management, analytics and customer behaviour in year 1 and the beginning of year 2, you will select two (out of four) optional 10-credit courses in the second year.
Before graduating you will need to complete a dissertation, where you will need to draw on the concepts, theories and research you have learnt throughout the programme.
Throughout each course you will be assessed in a variety of ways, which could include essays, discussions, blogs, online presentations, interactive quizzes, assignments or group work. Details of these assignments are found in your induction.
The duration of this programme is 2.5 years to 6 years taken on a part-time basis. For details on full-time options, please speak to an admissions representative.
Programme alteration or discontinuation
The University of Glasgow endeavours to run all programmes as advertised. In exceptional circumstances, however, the University may withdraw or alter a programme. For more information, please see: Student Contract
Built on the foundation of modern marketing principles, this course explains key concepts around developing and strategically managing brands and their equities, through practical application.
Honing your ability to analyse consumer behaviour in different contexts, this course is critical to helping you understand and respond to changing consumption habits. By the end of the course, you will be able to explain and deploy marketing tactics grounded in consumer behaviour concepts.
This course recognises and describes the role of integrated marketing communications (IMC) in the marketing process, as well as its strategies and tactics.
Focusing on ‘marketing in action’, this course develops an understanding of each marketing function, from product policy and channels of distribution to pricing and communications, demonstrating how they contribute to an organisation’s strategy and performance.
This course will support your knowledge of marketing research and its role in underpinning the design and implementation of successful marketing decisions.
Reflecting the way digital marketing has changed how brands interact with audiences, this course develops your understanding of digital marketing strategy and its implementation.
Highly relevant to today’s retail environment, this course explores the drivers behind industry change and the particular marketing challenges facing retailers and management, creating opportunities to evaluate future trends.
Drawing on examples from multiple services industries, this course examines the huge role services marketing has on today’s economy. By enhancing your knowledge of the characteristics of services, you will understand their unique marketing management challenges.
With user experience (UX) design now more important than ever for improving customer interaction, this course focuses on the skills necessary to design user-centred products, particularly digital products.
To be accepted to this programme, you must have:
At least a 2:2 undergraduate degree from a recognised university
We welcome candidates with non-academic qualifications and backgrounds, on the basis of highly relevant work experience or demonstrated interest. Candidates with more than three years’ work experience will be considered. For more information on this, please contact us
In addition, if your first language is not English, you must have a valid IELTS score of 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in any band (listening, reading, writing, speaking) or an equivalent English language qualification (e.g. TOEFL iBT, CAE, CPE, PTE Academic or Trinity College London Integrated Skills in English)
To apply to this programme:
You must apply online for this programme. As part of your online application, you need to submit the following:
- A copy (or copies) of your official degree certificate(s), if you have already completed your degree
- A copy (or copies) of your official academic transcript(s), showing full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained
- Official English translations of the certificate(s) and transcript(s)
- One reference letter on headed paper
- Evidence of your English language ability (if your first language is not English)
- Any additional documents required for this programme (see entry requirements for this programme)
- Up-to-date curriculum vitae and a supporting statement
Please check you meet the entry requirements for this programme before you begin your application.
You have 42 days to submit your application once you begin the process. You may save and return to your application as many times as you wish to update information, complete sections or upload supporting documents, such as your final transcript or your language test.
Key Dates UK/EU
- Application Deadline
- Start Date
- 2 Sep 2020
- 21 Sep 2020
Key Dates International
- Application Deadline
- Start Date
- 2 Sep 2020
- 21 Sep 2020
- Home/EU: £13,000*
- International: £13,000*
How much does this programme cost?
1,444 per 20 credits part-time*
722 per 10 credits part-time*
*Total cost, incremental payment schedule available. Fee information is subject to change and is for guidance only.
Can I get help to fund my studies?
You may be eligible for help with the cost of the programme. Find out more here.
What it's like to study online
- 100% online for complete flexibility
- Our part-time online programmes are ideal if you're working full-time or have family commitments.
- Connect to campus from anywhere
- All you need for our online programmes is a device with internet access.
- Gain a global perspective
- As an online student, you'll be part of an international community of academics and learners.
- Learn from the experts
- Our world-class teaching and research staff will help you realise your potential.
- Interact with everyone
- Community building and collaborative learning is a key focus of our online programmes.
- Access a multitude of resources
- Study using a range of materials, including recorded lectures, live seminars, videos, interactive quizzes, journal articles and ebooks.
- Regular Assessments
- During each course you will be assessed in a variety of ways which could include essays, discussions, blogs, online presentations, interactive quizzes, assignments or group work.